Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Know, what I know

When I was growing up, Mumbai was a city where Nana Nani and celebs lived. It was where mom spent a lot of her vacations visiting them and hence had a lot of liking and stories of it. For me, my Delhi had everything I needed. Best schools, amazing places to visit, to picnic with cousins, houses with front lawns, delicious places to eat, amazing bazaars to shop and my awesome friends who would dress up for tuitions and mother dairy visits also (so did I but let me just write it for the kick sake). Delhi had everything! And when my parents moved to Mumbai, I was dragged too to stay with them until college reopens and that’s not when my journey to a new city begun, it did, but much later. When I came to Bombay, I had no dreams! Or the ones that I had, pouring rains had washed them away. Why not so, I was coming from a city, where rainy day would mean your parents will let you skip school, college will be officially closed and ofcourse the fancy art class where Rainy day was a frequent topic, surely because our ma'am thought we can use some of our imagination there! But here, in Mumbai, my first 7days, trapped in a company paid 5 star hotel by the sea, I witnessed a non-stop rainy week and believe you me, it was worse than you could imagine. Sea is pretty, to every individual from a land locked city, sea is vastly pretty, to me as well it was. Until I was made to sleep in a room with gigantic roaring waves hitting the walls of the hotel. Only if you have stuffed your head in the pillow and struggled through a horrible night by the side of a sea, you would know what am I talking about. And to others, I will not deluge your idea of a pretty sea and a prettier rainy day. I am a positive girl and I shall write positively! Mumbai rains and the sea are awesome, sea, the Arabian Sea, is one of the awesomest things Mumbai has.

So no, my blog isn’t a war between Delhi, Mumbai and USA, where I will conclude which is better. My blog is about seeing these cities and the world through my eyes. To me, it is about re-living them, but to you it might be a new perspective, or just about a quick read while you travel in your metros and locals and you prefer to read so that the chatter of the aunties next to you, doesn’t get in to you.
Stay tuned, Know, what I know, I've a lot to tell!

14 comments:

  1. Great start to what i am expecting to be a joyous ride :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KS. Hope to keep you entertained with my write ups, right from my heart. Till then, Share if you love, Comment if you like ;)

      Delete
  2. Amazing writeup...I could relate to it all...you will first hate Mumbai and then it will start growing on you and becomes your life..
    Waiting to read more...cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nimisha, Hope you read the Dream on Mumbaikar post... Share if you love, Comment if you like ;)

      Delete
  3. Ummm.. I am about to get on a wavy ride..
    Amuse me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you read the other posts and were amused and entertained enough. Thank you for your comment. Share if you love, Comment if you like ;)

      Delete
  4. I am also trying to adjust with the city.. be a friend to the city.. it is difficult to adjust.. lets see.. awaiting for more on your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sumit, Hope you read how Mumbai struggles fade away one day... Keep sharing, keep reading! Thank You.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Hiral. Share the blog, Keep reading!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Concoction Of Magical Girl In Tinseltown !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arihant, for such an awesome feedback. Keep Following, Keep Reading... Travel time is the best time to read! Right?!

      Delete
  7. Loved your POV on Mumbai, so true, so raw. Great going girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ketan, for ALWAYS motivating me!

      Delete